AutoImage limited Data Protection Statement for Servicing or Repair
This Statement describes how we use your personal information in connection with this contract with you. Please take the time to read it carefully. You have a number of rights in relation to your information including the right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests.
When you choose to have a vehicle repaired or serviced by us, we, the Dealer, will be one of the companies responsible for handling your personal information (known as a “controller” under data protection law).
The personal information collected by us includes your name address, contact information, telephone number, email address, or any personal information we collect during the servicing or repairing of your vehicle.
1. The purpose and legal basis for processing your information
We collect your personal information to enter into a contract with you to repair or service a motor vehicle. We may require certain personal information from you in order to fulfil the contract and if you do not provide us with this information we may not be able to perform our contract. We will advise you if this is the case.
In order to process your personal information for this purpose, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
We may use your personal information for direct marketing purposes to make you aware of products and services which may interest you or for customer satisfaction surveys where you have not objected to us doing so. We may do this by phone, post, email, text or through other
digital media. Where we do so we rely on the lawful processing ground of legitimate interest and our legitimate interest is to develop relationships with our existing customers and to assess our performance and standards.
We may also use your personal information to manage our everyday business needs, including accounting and to prevent fraud. Where we do so we rely on the lawful processing ground of legitimate interest and our legitimate interest is in the effective management of our business.
2. Your Information and Third Parties
- Manufacturer of Your Vehicle & Their Distributor: We pass your personal information on to the manufacturer of the vehicle you purchase and/or their appointed distributor in Ireland for the purposes of warranty, safety, recall and customer satisfaction surveys. If you consent we will also pass your information to the manufacturer distributor of the vehicle you purchase or their appointed distributor in Ireland for marketing activities. The manufacturer or its appointed distributor may contact you separately about their use of your information.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third party service provides that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf such as our accountants, IT service providers, printers, lawyers and other business advisors, marketing companies who carry out marketing campaigns on our behalf and providers of security and administration services. We may also share your information with third party service providers who provide services to you such as insurance companies and car rental companies.
- Insurance Companies and Motor Assessors: We may pass your information to insurance companies and/or motor assessors appointed by you, a third party or an insurance company, where any portion of the costs of repairs or work being carried out by us is covered under an insurance policy.
- Potential Sale of the Dealer: We may also transfer your personal information to companies we plan to merge with or be acquired by.
3. Storage Periods
We may hold your personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of completion of this contract or from the end date of any warranty period, whichever is the later. We may hold this data for a longer period if we are legally required to do so.
4. Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances we will take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law, to protect your personal information. In particular, for transfers of personal data, outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission we may rely on contractual protections approved by the European Commission.
5. Your Rights
You have several rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal
information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that
You are also entitled to receive a copy of this information
- rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- erase personal information we hold about you
- stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the
personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful. If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry
out any other processing until the issue is resolved;
- object to us using your personal information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use
your information. We will stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate an
overriding legitimate grounds for the continued processing of this information; and
- receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to have that data transmitted to another data controller.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details contained in this order form. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission.
6. Marketing from the Dealer
If you do not wish to hear from the Dealer about special offers and promotions by way of post, email, phone, text or digital media please tick here:
You have the right to opt out of the receipt of direct marketing at any time and you can do this by contacting us at the details set out above.
7. Customer Satisfaction Surveys
If you do not wish to hear from the dealer for customer satisfaction surveys by post, email, phone for please tick here:
If you do not wish to hear from the manufacturer of the vehicle you purchase or it’s appointed distributor in Ireland for customer satisfaction surveys by post, email, phone for please tick here:
8. Marketing from the Manufacturer or its appointed Distributor
Would you like to hear from the manufacturer or its appointed distributor about special, offers and promotions by way of post, email, phone, text or digital media.
This consent can be withdrawn at any time free of charge.